Hands & Voices is a parent-driven organization that supports families with children who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing without a bias around communication modes or methodology.
We envision a world where children who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing have every opportunity to achieve their full potential.
- We believe that children who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing and their families should have access to all services appropriate to their needs.
- We believe that family members should have access to pertinent information to support their child who is Deaf or Hard of Hearing.
- We believe that parents should be collaborative partners with agencies, schools, and relevant professional organizations.
- We believe that communication mode should be a personal choice of the family and the child.
- We believe that children who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing, like all children, should have quality, ongoing, and fluid communication, at home, in the classroom, and throughout their community.
- Organization is viewed as providing unbiased support for families & professionals through dissemination of information, outreach events, educational seminars, advocacy, lobbying efforts, & parent to parent networking
- Organization impacts professionals and systems
- Organization is financially viable
- Organization that supports informed family choices for their children who are Deaf/Hard of Hearing
- We envision an organization united by our mission in which each chapter exemplifies the Hands & Voices philosophy in its vision and culture. We all have a stake in each other’s success. Hands & Voices will prosper only if each part is committed to the success of the other parts, and to the impact of our organization as a whole. We are a shared venture with vested ownership.