Need Family-to-Family Support?
Whether your child was just identified with a hearing loss, or you are just going through the testing, or you are a seasoned parent just looking for support & information to help your child thrive, welcome!
The Family Leadership in Language and Learning Project of Hands & Voices is here to support your journey. We want to connect you with direct family-to-family support in your area. Please contact email@example.com for the family based organization in your hometown.
For Family to Family Support Programs/Resources in your state or Territories, explore:
- AG Bell: A National organization around since 1890
- Deafchildren.org The American Society for Deaf Children (ASDC) is committed to empowering diverse families with deaf children and youth by embracing full access to language-rich environments through mentoring, advocacy, resources, and collaborative networks.
- www.familyvoices.org Family Voices aims to achieve family-centered care for all children and youth with special health care needs and/or disabilities.
- www.handsandvoices.org Hands & Voices, a parent driven family support and advocacy organization that provides unbiased support. click on map for support resources in your location.
- The National Cued Speech Association: The National Cued Speech Association champions effective communication, language development and literacy through the use of Cued Speech.
A listing of state/territory level funded family based organization(s) partnering with their EHDI program
Below are some resources that may support your journey:
|CDC – Decision Guide to Communication Choices|
|CDC – Making a Plan for Your Child|
|A Parent’s guide to the JCIH Supplement. This Parent’s Guide was developed by the Early Hearing Detection and Intervention (EHDI) Parent to Parent Committee, which is made up of parents of children who are deaf or hard of hearing as well as a diverse group of professionals who support families in EI and beyond.|